The CCRRN Nurse Consultant Program
The Child Care Nurse Consultant Program was established in response to the growing need for additional support services in the area of health in child care. To address this concern, the Personal Health Services Division of the McLean County Health Department and the Child Care Resource and Referral Network formed a partnership to ensure healthy and safe child care environments.
The Child Care Nurse Consultant works in collaboration with parents and child care providers to:
• Increase immunization rates
• Lower childhood injury rates
• Improve child health promotion efforts
• Prevent and control childhood communicable diseases
• Improve childhood nutrition
• Improve access to quality child care for children with special healthcare needs
The Child Care Nurse Consultant program is funded through a grant from the Illinois Department of Human Services Division of Community Health and Prevention.
The CCRRN is proud to be a partner with the McLean County Safe Kids Coalition